menu css3 by Css3Menu.com
Blairgowrie, Rattray & District Angling Association
Season 2021 Information
Honorary President; Sir. W. A. Macpherson of Cluny Q.C.
Our gratitude is offered to Sir William Macpherson of Cluny Q.C., Paul Barnard (Tinkletap) for Blairgowrie Bank fishings & to Ericht West Grange Fishings owners Messrs Bill Hay & Malcolm Templeton on Rattray Bank, all as the riparian owners of salmon fishings generously offered to the benefit of Association anglers and guests. To all landowners, farmers and others who permit access and parking to the benefit of members and their guests we offer our appreciation. To the family of the late G. Petrie (Fingask) and to Druidsmere (White Loch) for access and use of the lochs, to all members & guests who help ensure the continuation of the association and their fishings in many different ways we offer our thanks.
Salmon Season: 15th Jan - 15th Oct, Trout Season: 15th Mar - 6th Oct, Grayling Season: Oct 16th – Feb 14th
Members & Guests General Rules
1. Members cannot participate in Association events or fish Association waters until their annual subscription is paid.
2. River & Loch convenors & committee members have the "Power of Search" for anglers on Association waters for members & guests. If required telephone Tay District Bailiffs 01738583733 or River Convenor 07411646192
3. All trout less than 10 inches (25.4cm.) in
length must be carefully returned to lochs or rivers.
8. Members or guests proven to be participating in illegal practices or in breach of the Association rules may be expelled from the Association or barred from guest ticket purchase at the discretion of the committee.
Please refer to Association notice board at Fingask
Loch for current rules. Membership number must be recorded when
taking a boat. Only members are permitted to book boats for visitors
to the lochs and are responsible for the conduct of their sponsored
visitors. Season & weekly river ticket holders may fish the lochs at
Please view website for latest Covid-19 information concerning fishing Association waters.
Rattray Bank Fishings, known as West Grange Fishings, are included in the Association Waters and may be fished according to the rota and map on guest tickets and information on this sheet. Anglers may use the car park areas indicated on the ticket map but this may change later in season for car park at Wester Parkhead. Refer to map.
1. The sale of Salmon and Sea-trout from the rivers
and the use of prawns, worms or shrimps for fishing are prohibited.
A. Cargill's leap and channel area as per signposts.
B. From the upstream croy at Blairgowrie
Bridge, to 100yards (90metres) below the Bridge. Beat limits are
6. Salmon & Sea Trout fishing is by “Fly” only however spinning will be permitted if at 9 AM the water level is above the red painted markers on the new gauges as follows.
A. Marker positioned on the Rattray Bank upstream of Blairgowrie Bridge weir.
B. By viewing online the red level marker as displayed on the Farson digital camera website image.
C. By observing new gauge markers at the Dump Pool and Cement Dykes pools.
7. Government law is that salmon must be released back into the water between 15 January and 31 March. This is a legal requirement, even if a fish is dead. Failure to do so may result in a criminal conviction. The Tay District Salmon Fisheries Board (TDSFB) Code for conservation of salmon will be adhered to by all members and guests and is a requirement of the salmon proprietors who generously allow use of fishing rights. TDSFB Season 2021. All salmon, Grilse and Sea Trout should be released during the complete season. Updated guidelines and catch / release information are on the internet if required, view TDSFB website.
8. Marine Scotland & TDSFB require information from the Association annually including catch records and fishing effort. Failure to supply this information may result in a financial penalty to the Association, therefore anglers fishing for Salmon / Sea Trout are required to complete the returns form attached and send it to the Association even if no fish are caught. Any angler known to be in breach of the above requirement will be asked to appear before the committee to account for their actions and may have their river access withdrawn if known to be in breach of the rules.
Please contact either Crockarts ( 01250872056 or firstname.lastname@example.org ) or Kate FlemingsTackle Shop ( 01250873990 or email@example.com ) to report daily catches, weights and any other information for records and website. Association members and guests fishing West Grange Fishings waters are required to inform West Grange Fishing manager Andrew Lees on ( 07875154399 or firstname.lastname@example.org ) with days information.
All Information and pictures are greatly appreciated for BRDAA website. www.brdaa.co.uk/
River Returns Form (Salmon & Sea Trout)
Annual returns to secretary by Nov 1st; Guest angler returns at end of permit date please. By mail to P. Lock, Whiteloch Farm, Carsie, Blairgowrie, Perthshire, PH10 6QN.
By E-mailing photo of completed return form using link email@example.com. or by message.
By placing return in tackle shop letter boxes at either Kate Flemings or Crockarts or handing form into the shops.
Please record farmed fish caught by placing F in weight box.
Name…………………….......... Membership / Guest Ticket No…………………
Secretary & Treasurer; Peter Lock. Website, Sandy Brown; www.brdaa.co.uk/
Free web space hosting by Freehostia.com. COPYRIGHT BRDAA 2021